(CAC) Student Conference
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
What is the Communication Across the Curriculum Student Conference?
The CAC Student Conference is an academic-style conference, which showcases the exceptional work being completed by Lone Star College-Montgomery students. In line with the mission of Communication Across the Curriculum, students from all disciplines are encouraged to participate either as a presenter or as an audience member.
What can I do to help?
Instructors are encouraged to nominate students who they feel have exceeded expectations in their course or program. The nomination form requires a short description of the project being nominated and how the student(s) went “above and beyond.” You can now nominate students online at: http://www.lonestar.edu/CAC Nominations should be submitted by March 22, 2013.
Ideal presentations will:
- result from or be inspired by work completed in a Lone Star College course or program exhibit critical thinking and creativity.
- demonstrate a comprehension of their courses and/or fields of study that exceeds expectations.
- be modifiable to suit an academic conference setting. This will consist of a 10-minute presentation, with 5-minutes for questions and or discussion, OR students may display visual projects, such as posters, but will be expected to deliver a 5-minute (minimum) project explanation to the judges.
NOTE: Students should prepare a list of sources/references, which they will provide the judges at the time of their presentation.
Are students rewarded for their participation?
CAC, along with Dr. Lane, will announce the top 3 presentations.
- The first place winner will receive an iPad Mini, a $100 Follett book voucher, and will be recognized during the Spring Student Leadership Banquet!
- The second place winner will receive an iPad Mini. The third place winner will receive a $100 Follett book voucher
Please contact one of the conference coordinators: